Concept Dental is proud to offer the denturist services of Szilard Zombor D.D., who has 22 years’ experience in creating beautiful smiles and literally changing patient’s lives from embarrassment and withdrawal to confidence and outgoing.
Szilard has an in-house dental lab at his disposal, where he can serve the needs of our dental /denture patients—whether it’s a simple repair or a full smile makeover—all under one roof.
One of the many advantages to having new dentures in Lynnwood, Washington that are planned and created by our denturist, is that the process really begins from the ground up. Szilard specializes in creating custom, patient-specific dentures unique to each and every patient he sees.
Here are some of Szilard’s services:
- Planning and designing new dentures, specific to the needs and wants of the patient. Szilard will often utilize pre extraction photos provided by the patient to help recreate a long-lost smile.
- New dentures are typically created in 5 or more appointments.
- Szilard takes 2 sets of impressions one set with specially designed “custom” trays created in his lab just for the patient’s mouth contours.
- Then a final impression using a specific, highly accurate impression material is used to form the underlying base of the patient’s denture.
- Once the foundation is formed, he begins the work on the structure, which is finding and establishing the patient’s specific “bite,” to which the denture teeth are designed.
- Szilard then has a thorough and detailed discussion with the patient in choosing the shape, size, color, and arrangement of the denture teeth during this “bite registration ” appointment.
- The next appointment is a culmination of the 3 prior appointments, in which the patient will actually be able to “try in” the wax base dentures with the prospective denture teeth set by Szilard. At this time, both the patient and Szilard will be able to look, feel and examine the bite of the denture in the patient’s mouth. A careful and thorough examination of the tooth position within the patient’s bite and the esthetics of the dentures will be evaluated by Szilard. At this stage, input from the patient is an essential component of the success of the dentures from a look and feel perspective. The patient’s feedback at this juncture is critical, and this is when all changes are made prior to finishing the denture. Often, if Szilard feels that a patient is unsure or unable to decide if this new look is “for them,” he will send the patient home with the wax try in to have the patient examine the wax dentures at home and have any family or friends give their input on the new dentures before they are completed in the permanent bases. This extra step ensures that Szilard’s patients get the smile they were looking for without the surprise “oh my gosh” comments from caring family or friends when they arrive home with their new smile.
- Of course the last appointment is the final delivery of the new dentures. Szilard completes them with a beautiful polish and finish ensuring maximum stain resistance. Some minor adjustments may be needed at this time. Szilard will review denture care, maintenance and expectations with the patient as well.
All post-delivery adjustments are taken care of by Szilard so that his patients have an easy transition with their new smile.